WBAN or Wireless Body Area Networks are employed in the medical field to detect and treat human body ailments. Nowadays NS3 WBAN projects are gaining significance due to their increasing demand in the medical field as diseases and disorders are fast-growing. We are supporting research in WBAN projects especially using the NS3 simulator. Ours’ is a world-class certified online research guidance facility that is sought by research scholars and students from all parts of the world.
Here is an overview of wireless body area network projects based on NS3 given by our experienced technical team. Go through the following article to get a complete understanding of research in WBAN projects. Let us first start by looking into the basic sensors and signals in WBAN.
WHAT DOES THE WBAN SENSOR DO?
WBAN or wireless body area networks are used to examine the body of patients. Various physiological signals are measured using WBAN. NS3 WBAN projects are being developed at a faster rate to cope with the demands of the body area network systems. WBAN sensor measures the following
- Blood pressure
- EEG and ECG
- Rate of respiration
- Glucose level
- Asthma treatment
- Heart rate (attacks)
- Level of oxygen
- Detection of movements
- Temperature of the body
- Treatment of prolonged diseases
These signals are to be measured with utmost accuracy. And care should be given to the acquisition of these signals. Even after successfully acquiring the signal it has to be processed with proficient algorithms and protocols.
So you will be using various types of tools and protocols in your projects where analyzing its performance becomes an important question. For this purpose, there are simulation tools available. Now let us have some idea on the NS3 simulator used for WBAN projects.
WHY TO CHOOSE NS3 FOR WBAN PROJECTS?
The following are the properties of the NS3 simulation tool for which it has gained huge significance in the long run.
- NS3 is one of the best simulation platform which is an open tool
- The environment can be reproduced in a very precise manner using NS3
- Real systems designed in controlled environment can be achieved
- NS3 is more open and complete tool. It is an easy to use simulator and also expandable
- It can be used in simulations of all protocols, algorithms, networks and layers
- It is widely used by academic professionals for testing and research purposes.
Certain mechanisms essential for simulation of any system that we help in implementing are listed below.
- Extension to two-hop star topology
- Link allocation based on connection
- Mechanism for channel hopping
We render research support for simulation in advanced WBAN research projects listed below.
- WBAN routing (intra)
- Mitigation of interference in WBAN (inter)
- Allocation of resources (dynamic)
- Scheduling of transmission
Our team has verified the nuances in using NS3 which are actually very meager to a great extent. So you can confidently use the tool for simulation of your WBAN projects. We have also analyzed the merits and demerits of all simulation tools including NS3.
Connect with us to have the details of our analysis which will be of great significance to you. We will also provide you with the necessary technical details and basic guidance on the implementation of projects using these tools. Now let us look into some of the major project ideas in NS3 WBAN projects.
PROJECT IDEAS IN NS3 WBAN
The project ideas in wireless body area network projects using NS3 simulation are wide-ranging. After a thorough check with researchers from around the world, we are providing you with the list of the latest trending project ideas in NS3 WBAN projects.
- Assigning and selecting channels
- Synchronising time
- Monitoring the efficiency of energy
- System for monitoring patients (from home)
- Design of MAC protocol
- Authenticating and encryption (lightweight)
- Multi-hop communication
- Privacy and security aspects
- Mechanism for controlling congestion
- Scheduling of transmission
- Aggregation of sensor data
We are offering research support on all the above topics. We also render guidance regarding any topic of your interest. We have been equipping ourselves with the latest technologies projecting for increased research in wireless body area network projects slated for the near future.
The suggestion of our engineers for any successful researcher would be to have a piece of complete knowledge on working with the different modules in NS3 to support the projects. Looking to establish this objective we are providing the list of NS3 modules that support your
wireless body area network projects below.
NS3 MODULES FOR WBAN
The following is the list of modules in NS3 which can support your wireless body area network system.
- Wi-Fi models
- Module for WAVE
- Wi-Fi 802.11 ax
- WiMAX models
Along with these modules, you need to have an idea on the components in NS3 that are important for your NS3 Along with these modules, you need to have an idea of the components in NS3 that are important for your NS3 WBAN projects. So we provide you with the various components in NS3 that are essential for wireless body area network projects.
NS3 COMPONENTS FOR WBAN
The following are the major components of NS3 for wireless body area networks.
- Rate of error
- On-body channel
- Loss of propagation
- Mobility models (human and energy)
Our team of engineers has gained expertise over time regarding the use of the various components and modules in NS3 for WBAN projects. So we can aid you in completing your project in the field more successfully.
A large number of students and research scholars reached out to us regarding using NS3 for the simulation of their BAN projects. We provided the basic and advanced technical details on different layer functions to them. We will give the gist of what we actually gave them below.
NS3 PHYSICAL LAYER FUNCTIONS FOR WBAN
The following are the physical layer functions for body area network systems.
- Callback is set at the ED’s (Energy Detection) end so as to establish MAC and PHY interconnection,
- Signal power received in a channel bandwidth is estimated by ED
- Channel hopping algorithm is also included in callback which is aimed to be used for different tasks of upper layers
- MLME – SAP and PLME – SAP interconnection
- Callback is set at the GetAttribute end
- RX end callback is set
- PLME – SAP and MCPS – SAP interconnection
- Management frame is sent to wireless channel
- Checks the status of PHY
- Busy if frame is sent or received by PHY
- The wireless channel mode to be used in PHY model is registered
- Outgoing signal power spectral density is set
- Callback for CCA end is set
- Energy detected above the ED (energy detection) value is registered busy
- Callback is set at SetTRXState end
- Part of MLME – SAP and PLME – SAP interconnection
- RX end callback is set
- Part of PD – SAP and MCPS – SAP interconnection
- Data frame is sent to the wireless channel
- A given channel is check for PHY model
- Spectral density of the noise power is set
- It is uniformly distributed over frequency bands
Now let us have an understanding of the NS3 MAC layer functions for WBAN projects. Our technical experts are ready to guide you on all aspects of research regarding the use of these functions.
NS3 MAC LAYER FUNCTIONS FOR WBAN
The following are the MAC layer functions for body area network projects. Look into the following list of functions and their specific features given next to each of them.
- Current association status is set
- After the execution of channel assessment a random access algorithm is set to call back the MAC
- The condition of channel (idle or busy) is indicated by MAC status
- Confirmation of end of MPDU transmission to MAC
- Transmission request for data frame confirmation callback is set
- MCPS – DATA confirmation is implemented by the callback
- MSDU transfer is requested
- Current access mode is set
- PHY state is set (TRX_OFF, TX_ON, RX_ON, FORCE_TRX_OFF)
- MPDU transfer from PHY to MAC is indicated
- Indicate incoming data frame callback
- MCPS – DATA indication is implemented
- Acknowledgement packet for a particular sequence number is sent (I – Ack or B – Ack)
- Status of current channel hopping is set
- Status of current topology extension is set
Our technical experts will give you all details regarding the usage of these components and layer functions. You can rely on us for your entire research support.
There are certain parameters that are used for simulation using NS3. Analysis of the performance of any WBAN project is based on these parameters. Let us have a detailed look at such simulation parameters for NS3 simulation below.
SIMULATION PARAMETERS FOR NS3
The parameters used in NS3 simulation along with the appropriate input values are listed below. Go through the list and connect with us to know the best possible methods to achieve maximum results in these simulating parameters.
- Size of the packet (512 Kbits)
- Mobility deployment model (random waypoint)
- Sensor node mobility (10m per seconds)
- Duration of halt (10 seconds)
- Data packets number (100 to 200)
- Routing protocol (dynamic source routing)
- Sensor nodes (50 to 100)
- Round time for simulation (500 seconds)
Now it is important for you to understand the basic network models in NS3 WBAN projects. The network model and values associated with them are listed below.
- Frequency band (2400 to 2483.5 MHz)
- Noise (AWGN or Additive White Gaussian Noise)
- MAC (IEEE 802.15.6 Beacon with superframes)
- Mobility (human mobility like sitting, standing and walking)
- PHY (Narrowband PHY)
- Data rate (971.4 kbps)
- Symbol rate (600 ksps)
- Modulation (DPSK)
- Channel (16)
- Loss of propagation (position based and body shadowing)
- MAC options (extension of two-hop star topology, channel hopping and I – Ack policy)
You might have been already aware of many of the above parametric features regarding the usage of the NS3 simulator. Our engineers will provide you with a detailed description of the projects and the parameters that we used in them to analyze their performance. Understanding the simulation techniques other than NS3 is also important in a way to enhance your field knowledge. We will now provide you the description of parameters for simulation that is the details of its technical figures.
Simulation parameters of WBAN
These are the simulation parameters used for NS3 WBAN projects. Our experts will provide you with the different ways in which we achieved better results in these simulation parameters.
- Number of body area networks (1 to 5)
- Nodes (8)
- Transmission power (-15 dBm)
- Receiver sensitivity (-83 dBm)
- Receiver energy (19 mA)
- Sleep energy (0.03 mA)
- Idle energy (0.4 mA)
- pAllocationSlotMin (500 us)
- AllocationSlotLength (1)
- pSIFS(75 us)
- pMIFS(20 us)
- pExtraIFS(10 us)
- m Timeout (30 us)
- Number of hubs (1)
- Traffic (node type)
- Normal (UP = 0,1,2,3)
- Emergency (UP = 4,5)
- Critical (UP = 6,7)
- Size of the payload (0 to 256 bytes)
- pAllocationSlotResolution (500 us)
- length of the beacon (240 ms)
- mClockResolution (4 us)
After many research interventions into the wireless body area network project research across the world, we have faced many technical challenges and successfully overcome them.
We are faced with many similar situations as faced by world-class researchers. So we recorded all the technical notes regarding the body area network projects using NS3 Simulator and other simulation tools. We will now provide you with the other simulators for wireless body area network projects.
OTHER WBAN SIMULATORS
The following are the other WBAN simulators below.
- Integrated embedded toolkit
- MATLAB SIMULINK
- OMNET ++
Using these simulators you can do the evaluation on characteristics like the flow of traffic, sharing of the channel among multiple WBANs, the performance of two-hop star network topology, etc. Talk to our technical team and gather their experience in using various simulation tools, their parameters, and the evaluation results that we obtained as output. This can be a great source of reference and understanding for your research. Now let us have a brief look into the different research topics in WBAN that have the potential for future research.
IMPORTANT RESEARCH TOPICS IN WBAN
TThe following are the research areas in wireless body area networks that are potentially important for your future research in the field.
- WBAN communication security (beyond WBAN)
- Communication protocols that is based on blockchain (inter – WBAN)
- Protection of privacy in topology (MEC systems)
Experienced and qualified research support has been a major issue faced by researchers doing NS3 WBAN projects. We are here to rectify this problem. Our technical team has been dedicated to working towards improving the research experience of our customers. We are well known among the research scholars for our confidential and professional guidance. Get in touch with us to get access to the most reliable research guidance in the world.