How to install NS3 Python – Network Simulator-3 (NS-3) is used to construct, develop, simulate and deploy network-oriented applications through packet-level approaches. Also, it is an open-source tool that many developers and scholars prefer to develop their networked systems. Specifically, it has the special features of testbeds interaction, greater performance, cluster parallelization, realistic code execution, etc. Also, it enables them to work with extensive network scenarios and assess their actual performance based on certain criteria.
This page is prepared with the goal to deliver you wide-ranging information on NS3 Python Projects along with the latest research topics!!!
What is Python?
The high-level scripting language “Python” will support end-to-end OOPs concepts to handle complex data structures. Also, it executes the code faster than the other programming languages due to the interpreter compilation. In the fast moving, developers are expecting to build their required application short time. On knowing this requirement, python supports dynamic binding, semantics, and typing to make the task easy and fast. By the by, it also has the feature of connecting exiting components and applications.
We hope you are clear with exactly what NS3 and Python are. Now, we can see the key characteristics of NS3 at first. Generally, there are many supportive network simulation tools are developed. All these tools are intended to provide a sophisticated environment for extensive networking applications either wired or wireless. The selection of the effective tool is based on the characteristics of the tools. Relatively, the NS3 Python simulator is widely used in many real-time networking model developments. And, some of the essential features that make NS3 Wireless Simulation Projects globally popular are given below,
- Execute original POSIX programs
- Store the packets in PCAP files (real format)
- Every packet encloses smallest data units
- Continuously report events over decoupled layers
- Execute TCP/IP protocol stack in Linux Kernel
- Include cross layer capability (packet tags and tracing)
In addition, our developers have given you a few key characteristics of python. Simulator to networking tools, there are several programming languages to support Projects in Networking models code development. In default, some tools are supported with programmability features. For instance: NS3 uses C++ language. Among various programming languages, python gains special attention due to the below-specified features. Let’s have a fast glance over them to know the importance of the python language.
Features of NS3 Python
- Open-source and Free
- Free to download from python official sties
- Open-source where you can view and change source-code
- GUI-based Programming
- Offer Graphical User interfaces
- Enhances the user-friendliness to build graphical apps
- Widely used graphical module – PyQt5
- Supported modules – wxPython, PyQt5, Tk, PyQt4
- Simple Coding
- Simple syntax for easy coding
- Support high-level object oriented language
- Provide user-friendly platform for developers
- Dynamic-Typing Language
- Support dynamic typing for fast application development
- Able to make decision over data type at run-time
- Not necessary to give data type in code development
- Avoid misperceptions of data types and errors
- Integrated Language
- Easy to integrate other languages
- Support interoperability on using other languages
- For instance: C++, C, etc.
- Portable Language
- Include portability feature to support any OS
- Enable code developed in windows platform to execute on different platform without code modification
- Other platforms – Mac OS, Linux, Unix, etc.
NS3 with Python
So far, we have individually debated on NS3 and Python starting from definition to features. Now, we can see how python is incorporated in the NS-3 tool for application developments. And also, we present to you the need and importance of NS3 python.
On using python bindings, one can import the NS3 libraries in python IDE. These libraries are specially designed to support python requirements. As mentioned earlier, NS-3 largely utilizes the C++ language for API coding for basic network functionalities. In the case of a complex network, the developer automatically prefers the python module for easy coding and development. Since python can write simulation scripts to collaborate NS-3 with python tools.
The binding tool that integrates NS-3 with python is PyBindGen. Here, the python modules are created by the C++ libraries which use Waf for building python files. Each module comprises a PyBindGen module to support C++ API (in NS-3). When the C++ API is modified, then it is necessary to update PyBindGen and regenerate it. Moreover, here we have mentioned the procedure of python binding in linking the NS3 module with python.
Python Bindings Workflow
- Store bindings/python/ns3_module_*.py files / python files of PyBindGen in NS3 depository
- Once in a while, CastXML based API is required to scan
- Automatically download the PyBindGen in NS3 configuration else use NS-3 tarballs for automatic PyBindGen installation
- In some cases, use the duplicated copy of repository for API definitions
In addition, we have also given you the reason for regenerating the python bindings with the advantages over the regeneration process. Since it is one of the important processes incorporated in python bindings. Further, if you want to clarify your queries related to NS3 python integration then approach us. We will make you understand the functionalities of python and NS3 modules in detail.
Regenerating the Python Bindings
- One of the specia
- One of the special features of Ns-3 is the regeneration of python binding
- Utilize C++ header files to automatically regenerate PyBindGenit
- This regeneration process supports only in linux platform by following below steps,
- Install required software for scanning
- Include pybindgen, clang, Pygccxml and CastXML package (latest versions)
- Execute specific / whole modules scanning
Organization of the Modular NS3 Python Bindings
For more understanding, our developers have suggested to you some important modules of the python binding process. Besides, we also specified the core operations of each module. The following files are presented in the directory of “src/<module>/bindings” to support python binding with NS modules.
- Offer custom-based pybindgen
- Optional file for code generation
- Scanned file
- Include set of Callback<…> (i.e., instances of template)
- Bundled in scanned headers
- When the file exists, it turns into “frontend” python module in ns3
- Also, replace <module>.so into _<module>.so for extension module
- Import all symbols from _<module> by <module>.py file
- If it is a tedious process, include pure-python definitions
- Optional file for customized header file scanning
- Alternative of ns3/<module>-module.h
- Initial command – #include “ns3/<module>-module.h”
- Other commands are related to template instances
- Scanned file
- Included list of Scanned API definitions
- Support ILP32 and GCC architecture
- OS – 32-bit
- Scanned file
- Included list of Scanned API definitions
- Support LP64 and GCC architecture
- OS – 64-bit
- Enable to connect with extended python modules
- Register the added modules in wscript
- For instance: src/core/wscript
For effective NS3 python research and development, we have covered all necessary basic information in the above section. We believe that you have understood the fundamentals of what we trying to convey for your python research awareness. Below, we have given you a few latest research topics of NS3 based networking projects.
Thesis Topics in NS3 Python
- Deep Learning-based Traffic Signal Control using Simplified Incentive Definitions
- Traffic Monitoring and Control by Energy-Aware Dispatch Optimization
- Comparative Study of Energy-Aware IoT-Ad-hoc Routing in Shadowing Environs
- Advance Data Sets Classification based on Statistical Machine Learning Techniques
- Energy-Efficient Resource Allocation in Multimodal SDN-UWSN Communication
Further, if you want to know add-on details on research and code execution services of How to install NS3 Python then t
Further, if you want to know add-on details on research and code execution services of How to install NS3 Python then tie-up with us. We are ready to support you in all means for yielding precise experimental results for any kind of complex project.