Implementing NS3 Projects
NS3 PROJECTS is built as a system of software libraries that work together. User programs can be written that links with (or imports from) these libraries. User programs for ns3 projects are written in either the C++ or Python programming languages.Ns3 projects consists a clean slate design, aiming to be an easier to use, more readily extensible platform NS3 projects contain user code protocols and scenarios also in C++.Python wrappers for user code also exist in ns3 projects.
Procedure to build the simple script in ns3 projects :
- Create the network topology which means node container
- Install the internet stack
- Establish the physical connection this means connect the nodes together
- Assign IP address for each nodes present in network
- Now start the application. For example like client and server
Modeling of recurring event in ns3 project:
- RIPng – periodic broadcast of routing tables update.
- FlowMonitor – periodic check for lost packets.
Types of characters present in trace file [NS3 Projects]:
- r: a packet was received by the net device
- +: an enqueue operation occurred on the device queue
- -: a dequeue operation occurred on the device dequeue
- d: a packet was dropped, typically because the queue was full.