NS3 GUI - NS3 Graphical User Interface
NS3 GUI For ns3 we don’t have any gui. In order to obtain graphical interface for ns3 we will write simulation scripts in C++ or python. Ns-3 does not contain a default graphical animation tool, we currently have two ways to provide animation, namely using the PyViz method or the NetAnim method. We get the simulation results in graph format in the combination of nodes and links, which visualize like GUI but there is no specific gui is not present in ns3.
- NetAnim is a stand-alone program which uses the custom trace files generated by the animation interface to graphically display the simulation. NetAnim is based on the multi-platformQt4 GUI toolkit
- The NetAnim GUI provides play, pause, and record buttons. Play and pause start and stop the simulation.
- The record button starts a series of screenshots of the animator, which are written to the directory in which the trace file was run.
- Two slider bars also exist.
- The top slider provides a “seek” functionality, which allows a user to skip to any moment in the simulation.
- The bottom slider changes the granularity of the time step for the animation. Finally, there is a quit button to stop the simulation and quit the animator.
- PyViz uses Gtk+ and GooCanvas for the GUI part, and also accesses the ns-3 API directly, all via respective Python bindings.
- LTE devices do not support visualizer yet.
- The Visualizer class is a singleton that controls the whole visualizer GUI.
- It contains a list of nodes and channels, the canvas (goocanvas.Canvas), a list of arrows used to represent the packet transmissions, and assorted GUI elements, like the play/pause button